Jalapeno Bacon Swiss Cheese Ball is loaded inside and out with bacon, jalapenos, and cheese, so this flavorful appetizer is sure to be a hit at your next get together!
Bacon. Cheese. Jalapenos. If I haven’t already lost you because you immediately scrolled down for the recipe, let me introduce you to Jalapeno Bacon Swiss Cheese Ball.
I love cheese, so naturally, I’m a fan of cheese balls. What goes great with cheese? Bacon! What goes great with bacon? Jalapenos! Enter: Jalapeno Bacon Swiss Cheese Ball. It’s kind of like a deconstructed jalapeno popper.
This delicious appetizer is so easy to make. Just combine some crisp bacon with minced jalapenos, swiss cheese, cream cheese, garlic powder, chives, and a little smoked paprika. Form it into a big ball and then roll it around in a delicious coating of shredded parmesan, bacon, and minced jalapenos. This thing is exploding with flavor, literally, from the inside out.
I know it’s customary to have chopped nuts on the exterior of a cheese ball, and although I do like nuts, I did not want them on or in my cheese ball. To me, nuts are for snacking, muffins, banana bread, etc. They don’t go in my chicken salad either, but I digress.
The great thing about this cheese ball is that you can totally make it your own. Add more ingredients, leave some out, swap Swiss cheese for sharp cheddar or pepper jack – you can’t ruin a cheese ball. You might be thinking, “Wow, that’s a lot of jalapeno”, this is not very spicy since you remove the seeds and ribs inside. You just get the wonderful flavor of jalapeno, without the heat.
There are some flatbread crackers out there that have the durability to hold up to a cheese ball and not break, or you could just spread the cheese ball on some good old Triscuits. If for some reason you have any Jalapeno Bacon Swiss Cheese Ball leftover, spread it on a tortilla, add some turkey and spinach and roll it up for a tasty lunch.
Looking for more crowd-pleasing appetizers? Try my insanely popular Sausage Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers. These litte guys have cream cheese, sausage, garlic, and chives, all stuffed into mini peppers. They’re a huge hit!
- Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature so you can easily combine the ingredients.
- 7 slices center-cut bacon, cooked until crispy, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup minced jalapeno, divided (save half for coating)
- ½ cup Swiss cheese
- 1½ tbsp sliced chives
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- couple grinds of black pepper
- 3 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- To make the ball: In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, swiss cheese, chives, garlic powder, smoked paprika, 4 tbsp of the jalapeno, and some pepper. Take 4 slices of bacon and crumble it into the cheese ball mixture. Mash with a fork to really get it combined, then roll into a ball.
- To make the coating: In a shallow dish, crumble the last 3 slices of bacon and combine it with the other 4 tbsp of jalapeno and shredded parmesan. Stir to combine. Roll cheese in coating, pressing it on the outside to fully cover the exterior.