Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken is the answer to a quick and easy dinner staple – chicken breasts. Transform boring chicken into a flavorful, versatile meat that can be used in so many mouth-watering ways.
This multi-purpose chicken can be used in main course salads, tacos, burritos, wraps, pastas, or anywhere you would normally use chicken. Most recently, I chopped up the cooked Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken and made a southwest style salad with veggies, chopped avocado, tortilla strips, dressing, and a little grating of cotija cheese. Everyone in my family loved it! My all-time favorite way to use it though, is on my Fajita Burrito Bowl. I’ve been making them all the time and am kind of obsessed.
The cilantro lime marinade is a delicious combination of some of my favorite Mexican spices like cumin, smoked paprika, and chile powder, which give it a warm, earthy flavor. There’s garlic, lime juice, and cilantro to give it some acid and bright flavors, and a jalapeno for a subtle amount of heat. No boring chicken here.
With barely any fat on boneless, skinless chicken breasts, a marinade really is the way to go. This quick marinade is made in a blender then poured over the chicken for a short bath before it gets thrown on the grill. No grill? No problem! You don’t need a grill to make this “grilled” chicken, but there really is no better way to cook chicken breasts. Feel free to cook it on the stove or even bake it after it’s done marinating, you just won’t get that delicious crust from being seared on a hot grill.
There’s no need to buy a bottle of marinade when you can whip up a delicious, all natural marinade with fresh and healthy ingredients in only 5 minutes! Simply marinate the chicken breasts in my easy-to-make, Mexican-spiced marinade for 20-30 minutes. After you’ve grilled the chicken, let it rest for several minutes to ensure it stays nice and moist. After it has rested, chop it, slice it, or dice it into your favorite meal!
Ideas for Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken:
- Use it with Easy Homemade Salsa and guacamole for tacos, burritos, or quesadillas
- Add it to a tortilla with some hummus and spinach for a healthy wrap
- Top Smoky Slow Cooker Mexican Black Beans and The Best Mexican Rice with Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken, lettuce, cheese, and salsa for your own homemade burrito bowl
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx. 3 large breasts)
- the juice of 2 limes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 1 jalapeno, rough chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- couple grinds of black pepper
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves
- Place chicken in a dish to marinate.
- To make the marinade, add the rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken, turning it over and making sure all the meat is coated. Marinate for 20-30 minutes. While chicken is marinating, get your grill ready and hot.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill on each side until fully cooked and no longer pink in the middle. Slice or chop chicken for use in salads, tacos, burritos, wrap, etc.