Spinach & Mushroom Muffin Pan Omelets are tasty little omelets filled with spinach, mushrooms, and cheese that are conveniently made in a muffin pan!
I have a confession. Breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day. I don’t know if that’s because I’m always starving when I make breakfast, therefore it seems like it takes forever to prepare, or if it’s because you have to stand at the stove babysitting the food while you cook it (which is why I use my slow cooker so much) but I digress. I want a breakfast that’s delicious, hearty, and something that my whole family will eat, kids and all. I created these mini omelets because not only do they check all my boxes, I can make a big batch and throw them in the freezer for future breakfasts to come!
Spinach & Mushroom Muffin Pan Omelets are amazing for a plethora of reasons, but for one, they’re super easy to make. Just saute the veggies and add them to each muffin cup, add cheese, pour the egg mixture over them, and bake them in the oven. Secondly, there’s no babysitting required! Just set the timer, take a shower, get the kids ready, or make a cup of coffee. Speaking of kids, these are portable. If you’re running late, you and the kids can eat these in the car.
The texture of these little omelets is not a dense egg texture. It’s light, airy, and fluffy. They’re not only delicious, but good for you too. Spinach and mushrooms are a match made in heaven and they both pair perfectly with eggs! Add some fresh chives, milk, and cheese, and you have yourself an easy, satisfying breakfast.
Tip: These freeze really well! I like to make a couple batches and put some in the fridge for the next couple days and portion out the rest in individual ziplock bags and freeze them. Then I can just grab a bag or two out of the freezer, pop them in the microwave and breakfast is done.
Spinach & Mushroom Muffin Pan Omelets are an obvious breakfast choice, but I’ve also made them for dinner and served them with a side salad. So good! Whatever meal we eat them for, we always serve them with hot sauce!
- I made these vegetarian, but you could easily add some cooked and crumbled bacon or sausage to the muffin cups along with the veggies, if you so desire.
- These little bite-size omelets would be perfect served at a brunch baby shower!
Looking for another muffin pan recipe? Check out Cinnamon Pumpkin Mini Muffins. It uses a mini muffin pan to create delicious little muffin balls made with pumpkin, cream cheese, and wonderful fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1½ cups chopped white mushrooms (approximately 6-7 mushrooms)
- 1 cup chopped, fresh spinach
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 9 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp. sliced chives
- ¼ tsp. garlic salt
- black pepper to taste
- couple dashes of hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, hot sauce, garlic salt, pepper, and chives. Whisk until fully incorporated and set aside.
- Add butter to skillet and saute mushrooms until soft. Add spinach, season with salt & pepper, and cook for a minute or two. It won't take long for the spinach to wilt.
- Spray muffin pan thoroughly with cooking spray. Distribute the spinach/mushroom mixture evenly in each cup, then sprinkle cheese over veggies. Stir the egg mixture and pour an even amount into each muffin cup, making sure to get a good egg-to-veggie ratio in each. Bake for 26-28 minutes, or until eggs are fully set. Enjoy!