Greek Chicken Pasta with Feta Cream Sauce is a delicious pasta dinner with marinated chicken and tangy Greek flavors, all in a wonderful, creamy sauce made with feta cheese.
One of my favorite things in the world is a bowl of pasta – it’s my ultimate comfort food…not to mention all the different sauces! Whether it’s a cream sauce, red sauce, pesto, or butter/wine sauce, I love them all! *My husband doesn’t call me a Sauce Queen for no reason!* Wanting to change things up in the sauce department, I put a new spin on my favorite food – I created a feta cream sauce for a Greek themed pasta. Mediterranean flavors like lemon, oregano, capers, and a delicious feta cream sauce combine to form a perfect bowl of pasta.
The texture of this feta cream sauce isn’t going to be a smooth sauce like alfredo since feta cheese doesn’t break down and melt like parmesan does, but the flavor you get is amazing! A little tangy, a little salty, and a lot of yum! All you need is a side salad and a fresh baguette for a complete pasta meal.
- If you want an extra pop of lemon flavor, add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to the chicken stock when you deglaze the pan.
- I LOVE the salty, briny flavor of capers, so I could totally add more, but to make this recipe caper-friendly for everyone I only used 1 1/2 tbsp. If you also love capers, you could double that amount.
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 lb chicken breasts
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large Roma tomato, chopped
- 1½ tbsp capers, rough chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 6 oz crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp half & half
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano, put in a glass dish. Reserving 1 tbsp for later, pour ¼ cup of the olive oil and all of the lemon juice over the chicken and push it around until coated well with the marinade. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Get a pot of water boiling and cook spaghetti according to directions. Drain.
- Add butter and reserved 1 tbsp olive oil to a large saute pan and cook chicken breasts until done. Remove chicken from pan and slice it into strips and set it aside.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, capers, and red pepper flakes to the chicken pan. If needed, add more butter and/or olive oil, and saute for 3-4 minutes or until the garlic has softened.
- Pour the chicken stock in the pan with the tomatoes, garlic, and capers, and scrape up the browned chicken bits on the bottom of the pan. Simmer for a minute or two and then add the feta cheese and half & half. Simmer for a couple minutes while breaking up large pieces of feta cheese.
- Taste the sauce and add any needed salt or pepper. Add chicken and cooked spaghetti to sauce, stir to combine, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.