Cheesy Antipasto Dip with Artichokes combines all your favorite antipasto items like salami, artichokes, olives, and cheese into a warm and cheesy dip.
Besides chips & guacamole, my favorite snack is an antipasto platter filled with slices of salami or capicola, olives, cheeses, mustard, crackers, and of course, marinated artichoke hearts. I frequently make my own mini antipasto platters when my husband and I are having a movie night; and when we go to a wine bar, it’s my go-to appetizer. I set out to create a warm, cheesy dip that would encompass all those flavors in one amazing bite and that’s how Cheesy Antipasto Dip with Artichokes came to be.
Cheesy Antipasto Dip with Artichokes has salami, artichoke halves, green olives, and two kinds of cheese. This dip tastes so good, you would never guess how quick it is to prepare! You seriously just throw everything in a bowl and heat it up. It’s perfect for company because it’s easy-to-make, delicious, and has all those appetizer ingredients in one cheesy dip.
I find Triscuit crackers are great for this because they don’t break off in the chunky dip, but a sourdough bread bowl is the best! Simply bake the bread bowl for a couple minutes to make the outside crisp. Cut a hole on the top of the bread bowl, and cube all the bread you get out to make room for the dip. Use the cubed bread for dipping and then eat the bowl itself when the cubes are gone. So good!
Looking for more appetizers? Try my most popular recipe, Sausage Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers – these little bites of goodness are loaded with cream cheese, sausage, garlic, and chives.
- I used green olives stuffed with pimento, but green olives stuffed with blue cheese or jalapeno would be great, too. Actually, any kind of olive could work, but the briny, salty flavor of green olives goes well with the creaminess of the dip.
- I used swiss cheese because mozzarella makes the dip too stringy and gooey. I know that doesn’t sound like a bad thing, but it’s not very dippable.
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1c swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 3 marinated artichoke halves, chopped
- 6 slices salami, chopped
- salt & pepper
- chives for garnish
- Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, and swiss cheese until combined well.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Carefully fold in olives, artichoke, and salami, being careful not to smash them. Add salt & pepper to taste, stir, and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Top with chives and serve with crackers or in a bread bowl