Buffalo Wing French Bread Pizza Sticks are the way to go for both appetizers or a meal! Who doesn’t love the combination of buffalo wing sauce, blue cheese, and melted cheese on top of crunchy French bread!
My 5-year old son loves buffalo wings, but what it really comes down to is the sauce…buffalo wing sauce. His face seriously lights up when you mention it, so I set out to make Buffalo Wing French Bread Pizza Sticks for my little guy. Like all kids (and adults!), he loves pizza, so combining two of his favorite things into one meal was a big hit!
One thing I love about using French bread for a pizza crust is how crispy and flaky, yet airy the crust gets. It’s a perfect vehicle for sauce and cheese, and these pizza sticks have three kinds of cheese: mozzarella because it melts so well, cheddar for a sharp flavor, and blue cheese for a salty, creamy flavor. All those on top of an awesome sauce made with blue cheese salad dressing and buffalo wing sauce. Yum!
I do make my own homemade blue cheese dressing occasionally, but when I want a quick lunch that I can throw together in under 30 minutes, I don’t mind the convenience of jarred salad dressing at all. I would recommend a jar in the refrigerated section of the grocery store instead of the shelf-stable varieties. If blue cheese isn’t your thing, you could easily substitute it with ranch dressing instead.
Looking for more flavorful bites? Try my Spicy Korean Deviled Eggs for some spicy goodness, or my all-time most popular recipe, Sausage Stuffed Sweet Mini Peppers. These crowd-pleasing party foods are sure to be a huge hit!
- 1 loaf French Bread
- ½ c buffalo wing sauce
- 2 heaping tbsp blue cheese dressing
- 1c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1c shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbsp blue cheese crumbles (approx ½ of 5oz tub)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- black pepper, to taste
- Cut loaf in half and then cut along the side to create 4 rectangular oblongs
- Mix buffalo wing sauce, blue cheese dressing, and pepper together in a bowl, spoon on bread and spread out all over the top of the bread. Reserve extra sauce for drizzling over top of pizza sticks.
- Combine the cheddar and mozzarella and sprinkle evenly over each piece of bread, top with blue cheese crumbles and green onions.
- Bake at 375 for 10-13 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and the bread is toasted.
- Drizzle leftover buffalo pizza sauce over the top and cut into sticks. If desired, serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.