Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Tarts are individual desserts made with mini pie crusts that are filled with a rich and creamy filling that’s loaded with lots of lemon flavor.
If you read my Lemon Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake post, you know that I love lemon desserts. Lemon cookies, lemon poppy seed muffins, lemon cheesecake, the list goes on. As much as I love lemon cheesecake, I wanted to create a lemony dessert that was similar to cheesecake but didn’t require a springform pan AND was easy to make. I’m happy to report that these Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Tarts check all the boxes!
Like cheesecake, Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Tarts are made with sour cream and cream cheese, however, there are no eggs in this recipe, so while they have the rich flavors of cheesecake, they have a less dense, more luscious texture, which my husband says is a cross between cheesecake and a thick yogurt.
Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Tarts are a win for multiple reasons. One, they’re not just lemony, but have a creamy lemon flavor, which is my favorite. Secondly, they’re easy to make. Thanks to Keebler, they’re in cute little individual tins with graham cracker crusts already in them, which not only gives you the perfect portion but are great for entertaining purposes. A dessert table filled with these tarts would be perfect for parties or holiday get togethers where your guests can just help themselves.
Making Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Tarts is as easy as brushing a little melted butter on the pre-made crusts and popping them in the oven for a couple minutes to get them golden. Then fill the crusts with the lemony cream cheese mixture and refrigerate for a couple hours. That’s it. They are super easy to make, but taste like a lot of effort went into them.
I usually like to make my own homemade graham cracker crust, but in keeping with the “easy” theme, I decided to forgo my homemade crust for the simplicity of these little Keebler Ready Crust Mini Graham Cracker Crusts. They taste great, take all the work out of making a crust, and I love the little pie tins they come in.
When it comes to serving these tarts, you could serve them as they are, grate some lemon zest over the tops for a little extra lemon oomph, or I once served these with a blackberries and raspberries on top of each one.
Looking for more desserts? For the lemon lover, I recommend Lemon Lemon Raspberry Bundt Cake. If mini desserts are your thing, try my Mini Biscoff Cheesecakes, which are little cheesecakes made in a muffin pan with a delicious cinnamon Biscoff cookie crust.
- You *MUST* make sure the cream cheese and sour cream is room temperature or you will get lumps and bumps in your tarts. Trust me. I was once too impatient to wait for the cream cheese to come to room temperature and all the mixing in the world from my mixer couldn’t get them out.
- The tarts need to be refrigerated for several hours before serving.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon (2 tbsp juice, zest of lemon)
- 1 package of Keebler Ready Crust Mini Graham Cracker Crusts (6 in package)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375. Brush melted butter on each Keebler Ready Crust. Bake crusts for 5 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, and the zest of a whole lemon. Mix everything until all the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Fill each Ready Crust with an equal amount of filling and use a spoon or spatula to smooth out the top. If desired, zest a lemon over the tops or garnish tops with fresh berries. Refrigerate for several hours and enjoy!