Greek Chopped Vegetable Salad is a healthy and delicious salad loaded with veggies like cucumber, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, and Greek additions like feta cheese, kalamata olives, and sliced pepperoncini.
One of my favorite items to order at a Greek restaurant is a Greek salad with either grilled chicken or gyro meat on top. Usually, they prepare it using salad greens topped with tomato, pepperoncini, red onion, cucumber, kalamata olives, and feta cheese, then it’s dressed in a light vinaigrette. As simple as that might sound, it’s amazing!
Wanting to keep the Greek flavors, but have a chunkier, heavy-in-the-vegetables-department version of my Greek lettuce salad, I created Greek Chopped Vegetable Salad. This salad is fresh, light, healthy, and just screams “Hello spring!” or “Hello summer!” Chopped veggies meet artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, scallions, pepperoncinis, and the requisite, feta cheese. It’s all tossed in a light dressing made with a small amount of olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried oregano to complete this delicious salad.
Greek Chopped Vegetable Salad makes a wonderful side dish to any Greek or Mediterranean themed meal, but most often, I find myself scooping some in a bowl and just snacking on it because it makes such a delicious and good-for-you snack. Pair this with some grilled chicken, pita bread, hummus, and tzatziki sauce for a fresh and healthy dinner.
Looking for another healthy side dish? Try my Mediterranean Balela Salad. A light and fresh salad made with chickpeas, tomato, parsley, garlic, and lemon juice. It’s one of the most popular recipes on this site!
- This vegetarian side dish could easily be made vegan by omitting the feta cheese.
- ⅓ cup sliced scallions
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 oz (or larger) jar of marinated artichoke heart quarters, chopped
- ½ cup sliced pepperoncini
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- 6 oz package crumbled feta cheese
- 1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- Add all the vegetables to a large bowl. In a small bowl or measuring cup, add red wine vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt & pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Whisk together and pour over vegetables. Add feta cheese to salad and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.